How does MYTORONTO work?
MYTORONTO, a program organized by Ve’ahavta, with support from other agencies, companies and individuals:
- Recruits people affected by homelessness to participate in the photography contest.
- Offers creative workshops in collaboration with staff from Habitat Services and Inner City Family Health Team.
- Provides single-use cameras, donated by Fuji, to the photographers who will be asked to photograph the world around them.
- Convenes a jury of photography experts and influencers who will select approximately 40 photos to be included in a public exhibit and choose the 13 winning photos that will be featured in a 2019 MYTORONTOcalendar.
- Launches the MYTORONTO calendar at a Public Exhibition to take place in October 2018.
- Trains and facilitates participants to sell the calendar, which will provide them with part-time income.